Welcome to the SAMPE 2018 Abstract Submission Website!
SAMPE 2018 is organized by the North America Society for the Advancement of Material and Process Engineering. This premier conference and exhibition showcases the latest technology, products, and education in the advanced materials and processes industry. For more information about SAMPE 2018, visit our Conference & Exhibits website at www.sampeamerica.org.
Who We Are:
The Society for the Advancement of Material and Process Engineering (SAMPE®), an international professional member society, provides information on new materials and processing technology either via technical forums, journal publications, or books in which professionals in this field can exchange ideas and air their views. As the only technical society encompassing all fields of endeavor in materials and processes, SAMPE provides a unique and valuable forum for scientists, engineers, and academicians.
Technical Paper Submissions:
Technical papers are formal written research papers reviewed by industry peers. For abstracts that have been approved for this conference, technical papers are due February 1, 2018. Technical Papers that are accepted for publication will be scheduled for a 25-minute presentation during the SAMPE 2018 Conference.
- Abstract Submissions are due December 1, 2017
- Notice of Abstract Acceptance is December 21, 2017
- Final Technical Papers are due February 1, 2018
- Technical Paper Reviews will take place during February - March 2018
- Preliminary Conference Program will be made available February 2018
- Paper Acceptance will be announced April 2018
- Final Conference Schedule will be sent to authors April 19, 2018
Student Poster Contest Submissions:
SAMPE is pleased to invite the next generation of researchers, engineers, and industry professionals to participate in the SAMPE 2018 Student Poster Contest. This is a great opportunity for students to showcase their research in front of an engaged and connected community of materials and processes engineering professionals.
- Highlight the work of your university
- Gain professional global visibility as a subject matter expert
- Establish relationships within the industry
- Inspire innovation and collaboration
- Be recognized as a next generation leader among industry professionals
- Free student conference registration
Poster Submission Information:
Submissions can relate to any segment of the advanced materials industry. Examples include, but are not limited to: innovations in material science, composites, or advanced materials; composites/advanced materials in aerospace, construction, energy production, "green” materials, etc. All abstracts and entries shall be in SAMPE’s official language English.
Submit your poster application by March 15, 2018 for consideration. It should concisely describe your work and be 100-200 words in length.
If your poster abstract is accepted an electronic copy of your final poster must be submitted to SAMPE by no later than May 1, 2018. Winners will be selected during the SAMPE 2018 Conference.
- March 15, 2018 – Abstract submission deadline
- April 1, 2018 – Announcement of abstracts selected
- May 15, 2018 – Poster submission deadline
- May 26, 2018 – Announcement of winners
- Additive Manufacturing
- Advances in Composite Manufacturing Technologies
- Advances in Thermoplastics
- Aero/Auto Efficiency
- Digital Manufacturing
- Bonding and Adhesive Technology
- Composite Fabrication Automation
- Design, Analysis, and Testing
- Emergent Materials and Technologies
- Green Technologies
- High Temperature
- Market Applications
- NDE & Structural Health Monitoring
- Process Modeling
- Resin Infusion
- Simulation and Computational Modeling
- Space Structures and Materials
If you have any questions about the application process or this submission site, please contact: