Welcome to the SAMPE 2019 Submission Website!
SAMPE 2019 is organized by the North America Society for the Advancement of Material and Process Engineering. This premier conference and exhibition showcases the latest technology, products, and education in the advanced materials and processes industry. For information about the SAMPE 2019 conference, visit our Conference & Exhibits website at www.sampeamerica.org.
Who We Are:
The Society for the Advancement of Material and Process Engineering (SAMPE®), an international professional member society, provides information on new materials and processing technology either via technical forums, journal publications, or books in which professionals in this field can exchange ideas and air their views. As the only technical society encompassing all fields of endeavor in materials and processes, SAMPE provides a unique and valuable forum for scientists, engineers, and academicians.
Abstract Submissions: Open September 3, 2018 - December 1, 2018
- You will select one category that best aligns with your abstract topic.
- You must have a short, specific Abstract Title that indicates the nature of your Technical Paper (containing no abbreviations).
- You will need to provide a 100-200 word abstract. Be as specific as possible as to what you will discuss in your paper- technologies or strategies covered, case studies cited, etc. This will be used by the conference committee to evaluate your submission.
- Additive Manufacturing
- Advances in Composite Manufacturing Technologies
- Advances in Thermoplastics
- Bonding and Adhesive Technology
- Composite Fabrication Automation
- Design, Analysis, and Testing
- Emergent Materials and Technologies
- High Temperature Materials
- NDE & Structural Health Monitoring
- Sea-Based Aviation Structural Materials
- Simulation and Computational Modeling (ICME)
- Smart Fabrics and Structures
- Space Structures and Materials
- Sustainable Technologies
- Tailorable Feedback and Forming
- Textiles and Reinforcements
Technical Paper Submissions:
Technical papers are formal written research papers reviewed by industry peers. For Abstracts that have been approved for this conference, Technical Papers are due February 1, 2019. Technical Papers that are accepted for publication will be scheduled for a 25-minute presentation during the SAMPE 2019 Conference.
- Deadline to submit an abstract: December 1, 2018
- Final Technical Papers are due February 1, 2019
- Technical Paper Reviews will take place during February - March 2019
- Preliminary Conference Program will be made available February 2019
- Paper Acceptance will be announced April 2019
- Final Conference Schedule will be sent to authors April 19, 2019
Student Poster Contest Submissions:
SAMPE is pleased to invite the next generation of researchers, engineers, and industry professionals to participate in the SAMPE 2019 Student Poster Contest. This is a great opportunity for students to showcase their research in front of an engaged and connected community of materials and processes engineering professionals.
- Highlight the work of your university
- Gain professional global visibility as a subject matter expert
- Establish relationships within the industry
- Inspire innovation and collaboration
- Be recognized as a next generation leader among industry professionals
- Free student conference registration
Submissions can relate to any segment of the advanced materials industry. Examples include, but are not limited to: innovations in material science, composites, or advanced materials; composites/advanced materials in aerospace, construction, energy production, "green” materials, etc. All abstracts and entries shall be in SAMPE’s official language, English.
Submit your poster application by March 15, 2019 for consideration. It should concisely describe your work and be 100-200 words in length.
If your poster abstract is accepted an electronic copy of your final poster must be submitted to SAMPE by no later than May 1, 2019. Winners will be selected during the SAMPE 2019 Conference.
- March 15, 2019 – Poster Abstract submission deadline
- Early April 2019 – Announcement of abstracts selected
- May 1, 2019 – Poster submission deadline
- May 22, 2019 – Announcement of winners onsite at SAMPE 2019